1. My fireplace…the warmth and glow you can feel from the big leather chair parked right in front of it…you have to be here to understand. (Ciccia gets it!)
3. Fresh clementines and the smell that lingers long after you have eaten one.
4. Our new TV channel…Fox Retro. I cannot tell you how fun it has been to relive my childhood through shows like Love Boat, Charlie’s Angels, 8 is Enough…even the theme music brings back memories. And the fashion…inspiration heaven. I could write a whole post just on this channel.
5. Walks in the woods hunting for mushrooms, and making a huge batch of tagliatelle ai funghi when we return.
7. Sharp contrasts that only come in Autumn. Fresh new green grass, brilliant yellows, oranges and reds, the smell of smoke rising from chimneys, warm sun and cool moisture soaked air, the fog lifting to reveal bright blue sky…the list goes on.
9. The internet…being able to stay in touch with family and friends is essential to living far away. Not to mention all the wonderful things you can find…places to escape to…and being able to share things here with you. Having said that, the ability to find wonderful stories like this and fun things like this and even very silly things like this (click the links).
10. Working…it has been taking up most of my time, but it really is the funnest part. Dreaming up new products, drawing new patterns, painting new images, proofing samples we have already created, even writing some stories…cannot wait to share.